According to the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter Uzbekistan or travel through its territory for transit on the basis of entrance visas only.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons can get visas at the diplomatic representations and consular missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad on the basis of the visa support (confirmation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan).
Visa support is issued on the basis of application of the inviting organization, company and persons who are permanently or temporarily residing in Uzbekistan and submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Our Company will handle visa processing for our clients, both individuals and groups, provided the due documents are presented to us in a timely and conscientious way.Tourist visas can be obtained only upon presenting an Invitation Letter, which our company issues after receiving approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The procedure itself is as follows:
1. Prior to arrival into the territory of Uzbekistan any tourist should provide our company with the following data and details:
A. Copy of the passport with:
- Personal data (full name, sex, and citizenship)
- Passport details (passport number, date of issue, expiry date)
- Date and place of birth
- The copy can be faxed or e-mailed to our address: email@example.com
B. Reference from tourist's working place or place of studies made on the official letterhead properly signed and sealed/stamped, confirming tourist's occupation:
- Official name of the company/enterprise (educational establishment for students)
- Its location (country, city)
- Tourist's position in this company
- The Reference can be faxed or e-mailed to our address: firstname.lastname@example.org
C. Period of stay in Uzbekistan
D. Preferable place of visa application (location of an Uzbek Embassy or General Consulate)
2. On receiving the above mentioned details, our company will make the arrangements with Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan in accordance with regulations in force. After duly processing the package of documents Ministry of Foreign Affairs sends a telex directly to the Uzbek Embassy or General Consulate stated in the application documents and advises our company on the telex number.
Please note that it takes 5 working days to process visa application at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This period is shortened to 3 days for the nationals of the countries with preferential treatment.
In special cases an urgent visa can be obtained. In case of urgent visa issue the processing of visa application documents is assumed to be 3 working days instead of 5 working days and affects visa fee. (The cost of urgent visa is 1.5 times higher than that of an ordinary one).
3. Our company in its turn issues and provides the tourist with Invitation Letter, featuring the above mentioned telex number. The tourist applies for entry visa presenting this Invitation Letter together with his passport and photos to the Uzbekistan Embassy or General Consulate. It may take from 1 to 3 days to obtain a visa depending on the Uzbekistan Embassy or General Consulate location. Please note that Embassies and General Consulates reserve the right to charge additional fee for visa registration in addition to the visa cost.
4. Uzbek visa can be issued on arrival in Tashkent International Airport for the nationals of the countries where Uzbekistan Embassy or General Consulate is not available and visa issue by Uzbekistan diplomatic presentations in other countries is not possible due to certain reasons. For example, a national of above countries cannot apply for visa in a country en route to Uzbekistan due to lack of time, which is testified by the data indicated in the air ticket. In such case he can obtain visa upon arrival to Tashkent International Airport after providing our company with the due data and details as described above. In addition to this he should provide the copy of the air ticket or air ticket reservation. On receiving the above data and details in due time our company will make all the arrangements in order to ensure the tourist can get a visa from the Consulate service official at Tashkent Airport.
For a transit visa foreign citizens and stateless persons in addition to the above mentioned documents must have a visa of the country of final destination and travel documents with confirmed date of departure from Uzbekistan. In this case processing of visa application is 3 working days.
The legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan has set the following consular fees for the visa issuance:
a) For single entry visas:
- up to 7 days — $40;
- up to 15 days — $50;
- up to 30 days — $60;
- up to 3 months — $80;
- up to 6 months — $120;
- up to 1 year — $160.
Note: For each additional entry the fee shall be increased by $10.
b) For multiple entry visas:
- up to 6 months — $150;
- up to 1 year — $250.
c) For transit visas:
- up to 72 hours — $40;
- double entry transit visa — $50.
d) For group visas (groups must consist of more than 5 persons excluding children under 16 years old):
- up to 15 days — $15 per person;
- up to 30 days — $25 per person.
Except these fees the fees for reimbursement of actual expenses related to the visa issuance (administrative fees) will also be paid. The rates of these fees depend on the place of visa issuance (irrespective of applicant’s citizenship).
Note: Different procedure for issuance of entry visas may be applied to the citizens of those countries that have appropriate bilateral agreements with Uzbekistan.
VISA REGULATIONS FOR SOME COUNTRIES
1. A bilateral visa-free regime has been established with Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days), Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
2. From February 10, 2018, a visa-free regime is introduced for 30 days period for citizens of 7 countries: Japan, Indonesia, Israel, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Turkey.
The visa-free regime applies to citizens of these countries, holders of all categories of passports (diplomatic, service and civil) planning to visit the Republic of Uzbekistan for up to 30 days, regardless of the purpose of their trip. In order to enter the country, a person must have a valid national passport or another substitute document used for travel to foreign countries.
The visa-free regime does not apply to stateless persons permanently residing in the territories of these countries.
Accordingly, the visa-free regime is valid for 30 days from the date of entry into Uzbekistan. Before the end of the 30-day visa-free stay period, a foreign citizen must leave the Republic of Uzbekistan. Exceeding the 30-day visa-free stay is recognized as violation of the Rules of stay of foreign citizens in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Accordingly, if it is necessary to stay in Uzbekistan for more than 30 days, a foreign citizen must obtain an entry visa to the Republic of Uzbekistan in accordance with the established procedure, corresponding to the purpose of his trip.
3. From February 10, 2018, simplified procedure for issuing tourist visas is introduced for citizens of 39 countries (list is given below), that implies getting visa within two working days, not counting the day of receiving documents, with the cancellation of the requirement to provide a tourist voucher or an inviting legal / physical person in the Republic of Uzbekistan to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Previously, the simplified procedure for issuing visas was available for citizens of Austria, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Italy, Latvia, France, Switzerland, Thailand, Czech Republic and Poland.
Tourists from these countries are given multiple-entry visas for up to 1 month, and representatives of the business community for up to 1 year, without requiring a tour voucher or an invitation from an inviting legal or physical person in Uzbekistan to the Uzbek Foreign Ministry. Visas are issued within 2 working days, not counting the day of receipt of documents.
4. A visa-free regime is established with China, Hungary and Tajikistan (up to 30 days), Vietnam and the Republic of Korea (up to 60 days), Brazil, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Estonia, Kuwait and Turkey (up to 90 days). Citizens of these countries who hold diplomatic passports and are accredited as employees of diplomatic missions or consular offices of their countries located on the territory of Uzbekistan, as well as members of their families have the right to enter and stay without visas for the entire period of work.
5. Uzbekistan and Japan issue visas without consular fees on the mutual basis.
6. According to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No.3836 of July 4, 2018 “On further measures for optimizing the order of entry of foreign citizens into the Republic of Uzbekistan” since July 15, 2018 these regulations are implemented:
- the system of issuing electronic entry tourist visas (e-visa.gov.uz) for foreign citizens, who enjoy a simplified procedure for issuing visa (list of countries is attached);
- short-term transit visa-free entry to the Republic of Uzbekistan for a period not exceeding five days for citizens of a number of countries (list is given below). In this case the foreigners must transit through international airports of the Republic of Uzbekistan, provided they have an air ticket to a third country. This procedure applies transiting passengers wishing to explore the sights of Uzbekistan;
- visa-free entry to the Republic of Uzbekistan for foreign citizens up to 16 year old with biometric travel document. In this case they must be accompanied by legal representatives and they can stay in Uzbekistan for the duration of the visa of the accompanying person, but not more than ninety days since the date of entry into the country.
The list of countries whose citizens can enjoy simplified procedure for issuing tourist visa as well as on “e-visa.gov.uz”
6. Bosnia and Herzegovina
11. Czech Republic
33. New Zealand
39. San Marino
40. Saudi Arabia
48. United Arab Emirates
49. United Kingdom
50. United States of America
The list of countries whose citizens can enjoy visa-free transit entry, stay up to 5 days
4. Antigua and Barbuda
14. Bosnia and Herzegovina
16. Brunei Darussalam
22. Costa Rica
25. Czech Republic
28. Dominican Republic
30. Equatorial Guinea
65. New Zealand
76. Saint Kitts and Nevis
77. Saint Lucia
78. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
79. San Marino
80. Saudi Arabia
85. South Africa
87. Sri Lanka
92. Trinidad and Tobago
95. United Arab Emirates
96. United Kingdom
97. United States of America